Sunday, December 12, 2010

praise God for his protection

Our drive home from Cincinnati was very eventful. The weather was horrible...snow, strong winds, occasional white outs. Adeline was a great traveler. She fell asleep as soon as we got in the car and napped for over two hours. She woke up just in time for the "excitement" though. The roads were covered in snow and everyone was driving slowly. Then a foolish driver in a small car decided to try to pass in the far right lane. He lost control and started swerving. He was perpendicular to us right in front of us. I braced myself for a crash, but Mike was able to swerve out of the way. We started fish-tailing, however, and we were headed for the ditch on the right side. Mike was able to get the car under control and we ended up sideways half way on the shoulder and half way in the right lane. Cars had to swerve to keep from hitting us. When I realized that we were spared from a crash, I started crying and thanking God for protecting us. It could have been so bad. Adeline was unfazed. She was just smiling from her car seat. That made my heart melt. My precious baby! I am so glad that we were safe. Thank you to everyone who was praying for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment